The Home page represents your main landing page whenever you first login to AIM. From this central hub, you can access nearly any record in your AIM database. There are links to customize your page layout, search for information, add data and much more. See the screenshot and list below for breakdowns of the key components on the Home page.
- Global Search Bar: This search feature will look for entered text across all text on all records in the entire database - it is extremely powerful. Search keywords, combinations of words, and partial words by employing an asterisk (*) as a wildcard. To find out more on how this works, see How To Use Global Search.
- Tabs: The major types of records in the system are represented in this section by tabs. Clicking on any of the tab headings will take you to that type of record’s specific page in AIM. Clicking on the “+” next to the last tab will allow you to see all possible tabs available and to customize your header.
- Quick Create: Add a variety of records to the database right from the homepage using this drop down menu - simply click on the arrow at the right of the section to expose the options.
- Support Link: This link redirects to Altvia's Knowledge Base where you may search for informational articles or submit a support request with the Altvia Care team.
- Recent Items: This section will populate with shortcut links to the recent records you have viewed in AIM. The list is limited to 10, so as you view new records, old ones will drop off.
- Recycle Bin: The recycle bin will store any records you delete in AIM for up to 14 days. You can restore records from the recycle bin, or choose to delete them permanently.
- My Tasks: If your organization uses tasks, anything assigned to you will show up here as a line item. On the far right of the section is a drop down menu that allows you to select which tasks are displayed based on due date. The default will be overdue tasks.
- Dashboard: The dashboard controls the three graphical components displayed in the center of the home page. You can select any existing dashboard to be displayed, but you will only see the first three components included on the selected dashboard. To customize which dashboard you see, click the ‘Customize Page’ link on the right side of the section and select your desired dashboard from the drop down list. To learn more, see How to Edit a Dashboard and Display it on a Tab.