Use Global Search to search through all records, fields and record types for a specified search term. Global Search also keeps track of your most frequently searched records (i.e. Accounts, Contacts, Deal, etc.) and arranges them accordingly in the search results.
Follow the steps below, or check out this video for a 2-minute walkthrough.
‘Standard Search’ Steps
- Locate the search field at the top of your AIM page.
- Enter your desired search term. When you begin typing, the search bar will present a list of recently viewed objects pertaining to your term.
- Clicking search will return all items, in any order, that contain your specified search terms
- If you would like to search an exact phrase, you can place quotation marks around the phrase in the search bar.
- In the Search bar type what you are searching for and click "Search"
- Your Search Results will pull up. Where your search bar is there is now an "Options" button. Click 'Options'.
- You can now select 'Exact Phrase' or 'Limit to Items you Own'
‘Wildcard Search’ Steps
Wildcard Search allows you to refine your search by matching one or more characters within your search term. This comes in handy when you are not sure of the exact search term and want to use partial words or phrases.
- In the search bar, enter your search term, either full or partial, followed by an asterisk (*).
- Clicking search will return all items that contain the full or partial term.
Refining Your Search
- Once you perform the Standard Search or Wildcard Card search as per the above steps, you will be directed to a search results page.
- Within the search results, there is the option to "Search Again" within the first round of results. Type in more specific keywords to further narrow down results. Results will appear with up to 5 results per record type.
- On the left panel, click any record type to see only results that have that record type. For example, click on Contacts if you know you are looking for a Contact record.
- Hover over and pin important record types to manually change the order that search results appear.
- If you wish to change the order of results, click on the names of the columns to sort results in ascending or descending order.